Father and son

​If you agree that your child should be placed for adoption, you will need to sign a consent form. We'd be happy to review and discuss any consent forms that you have been given to sign.

If the child is born out of wedlock, as a general rule your consent to the adoption is not required. If you want to contest the adoption, you must be sure to register with the Putative Father registry and you will need to speak to an attorney immediately to begin preparing your case.​​

If the child is born while you are married to the birth mother, you must consent to the adoption or the birth mother will need to prove to the Judge that your consent is not required under the adoption statute.​